Just Beauty Privacy Notice
The Salon aims to meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR], the guidelines on the Information Commissioner’s website as well as our professional guidelines and requirements.
The data controller is Jane Astbury who is also the information Governance Lead and the Data Protection Officer.
This Privacy Notice is available on the Salon website at www.justbeautystroud.co.uk/privacynotice or at reception or by email if you contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Salon on 01453 750475.
You will be asked to provide personal information when joining the Salon. The purpose of us processing this data is to provide optimum beauty treatments to you.
The categories of data we process are:
- Personal data for the purposes of staff management
- Personal data for the purposes of [direct mail/email/text/other] marketing
- Special category data including health records for the purposes of the delivery of treatment care
- Special category data including health records and details of criminal record checks for managing employees and contracted team members
We never pass your personal details to a third party unless we have a contract for them to process data on our behalf and will otherwise keep it confidential. If we intend to refer a Client to another Salon or to secondary care such as a GP we will gain the individual’s permission before the referral is made and the personal data is shared.
- Personal data is stored in the EU whether in digital or hard copy format
- Personal data is stored in the US in digital format when the data storage company is certified with the EU-US Privacy Shield
- Personal data is obtained when a Client joins the Salon, when a Client is referred to the Salon and [when a Client subscribes to an email list]
The lawful basis for processing special category data such as Clients’ and Employees’ health data is:
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of preventative or occupational medicine, for assessing the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment or management of health or social care systems and services on the basis of Union or Member State law or a contract with a health professional.
The lawful basis of processing personal data such as name, address, email or phone number is:
- Consent of the data subject
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
The retention period for special data in Client records is a minimum of 10 years and may be longer for complex records in order to meet our legal requirements. The retention period for staff records is 6 years. The retention period for other personal data is 2 years after it was last processed.
You have the following personal data rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (clinical records must be retained for a certain time period)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
Further details of these rights can be seen in our Information Governance Policy Guidance Book or at the Information Commissioner’s website. Here are some practical examples of your rights:
- If you are a Client of the Salon you have the right to withdraw consent for important notifications, newsletters, surveys or marketing. You can inform us to correct errors in your personal details or withdraw consent from communication methods such as telephone, email or text. You have the right to obtain a free copy of your Client records within one month.
- If you are not a Client of the Salon you have the right to withdraw consent for processing personal data, to have a free copy of it within one month, to correct errors in it or to ask us to delete it. You can also withdraw consent from communication methods such as telephone, email or text.
Comments, suggestions and complaints
Please contact Jane Astbury at the Salon for a comment, suggestion or a complaint about your data processing at email@example.com or 01453 750475 or by writing to or visiting the Salon at Just Beauty 1st/2nd Floor 1 Lansdown Stroud Glos GL5 1BB. We take complaints very seriously.
If you are unhappy with our response or if you need any advice you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their telephone number is 0303 123 1113, you can also chat online with an advisor. The ICO can investigate your claim and take action against anyone who’s misused personal data. You can also visit their website for information on how to make a data protection complaint.
Related practice procedures
You can also use these contact details for a copy of our Governance Guidance Policy Handbook